Real Estate

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Real Estate

Postby Rbcsoup » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:16 pm

This has been reported in the Wall Street Journal this past week as well -

<<Celebrity Real Estate

Dan Aykroyd has been busy lately selling off properties in L.A. He completed the sale of his former home at 7708 Woodrow Wilson Drive in the Hollywood Hills and has listed another home at 8071 Selma Avenue, also in the Hollywood Hills.

The first home was bought by actress Beverly D’Angelo, who is probably best known for her role as Doris Vinyard in American History X. D’Angelo paid $3.8 million for the home, which has also been owned in the past by rock legends Ringo Starr and Mama Cass. It features 5 bedrooms and 5 1/2 baths and was built in 1951. >>
Rbcsoup

Re: Real Estate

Postby John Sands » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:49 am

Built in 1951! Makes it a fairly new home when our Cass was there. Imagine being at all those 'Gertrude Stein' like gatherings there. HG Wells where are you? I want to borrow your time machine, man!
John Sands

Re: Real Estate

Postby Fink » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:41 am

I couldn't even try to imagine what it would have been like to live in Laurel Canyon in those days. On any given evening you could probably go and visit with Denny / John & Michelle / Cass / Joni Mitchell & Graham Nash who were going together at that time / Frank Zappa / I believe Paul McCartney even owned a place there as well as one member of the Stones. Truly magical if you were a musician. You would have a terrific jam session on most nights of the week, assuming you got along with the likes of those people. Not to mention some of the parties that must have transpired, planned or otherwise. I think some of the scenes from the movie shampoo were shot on Laurel Canyon? Take care.
"Fink"
Fink

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion