[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - pic thread

pic thread

Non-Cass Elliot related discussion threads belong here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

pic thread

Postby Robbie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:55 am

lets put a face to all the names :D

who wants to go first? haha
Robbie

Re: pic thread

Postby John Sands » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:28 am

names of the mamas and papas or names of us?
John Sands

Postby John Sands » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:28 am

names of the mamas and papas or names of us?
John Sands

Postby Robbie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:48 am

us! all the awesome people of this board
Robbie

Postby dunhill » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Me first, I guess. This is me with Mackenzie almost twenty years ago.

And me last summer with an old friend! :)

dunhill

Postby Robbie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:03 pm

great pic dunhill! im jealous you got to meet her haha.

anyway here is me..
Robbie

Postby Robbie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:04 pm

come on people post ur pics!!! :mrgreen:
Robbie

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 pm

K, here's me, from a band promo shot...

Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby dunhill » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:40 pm

It's nice to see that the millenials have discovered Cass and the Ms & Ps! It's great that there are third and even fourth generation fans (I'm doing all that I can to indoctrinate my two Generation Z kids) coming along - it just proves how timeless this music really is. So, I thought as well as posting pics of ourselves, we might tell a little about how we came to be fans of Cass & all things Ms & Ps.

Here's my story...I remember hearing the group's music on the radio constantly in the late '60s and throughout the '70s. My parents had a closet full of 78's, 45's & LP's and I can remember digging through them and finding "If" & the second Ms & Ps album - I remember them playing them and digging the music, too! I really didn't become a "fanatic" until the late '80s when I got into record collecting and found a pristine copy of "16 Of Their Greatest Hits" in one of the bins at a local used record shop. I hadn't thought about the group in years, but this brought back memories of their great music, so I bought the LP, got home & put it on the turntable & I've loved them ever since.

So, who'll be the next to share?

Charles
dunhill

Postby Nicole » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi Charles,
I'll share next. I guess you can say that I'm a second generation fan. When I was in high school in the 90's I was a huge Wison Phillips fan. I even joined thier fan cilub, and all of this was before I knew about Cass and the M and P's. Then, I read an article in YM and it mentioned that Chynna Phillips was the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips of The Mamas and The Papas, and I wondered who was that? I soon found out. A couple of months after that I saw a clip of them singing on an Ed Sullivan show retrospective and was hooked by their prescence. I immediatley went and bought every cd I could find, and then, I began to collect their albums as well. Ever since, I've remained a devoted fan of the M and P's and Michelle Phillips.
Regards, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Next

Return to Off-topic Discussion