[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - M&P's TV appearances

M&P's TV appearances

Upcoming or recent Cass on TV sightings.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: M&P's TV appearances

Postby Nicole » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:33 am

Hi Chris,
I'm with you on that!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 am

As I recall the version of 'Somebody Groovy' on 'Shindig' was lip sync as opposed to live to a backing track. I remember IMB saying that the group was on 'Where the Action Is' about 3 times. I know of only 2 different clips.

I'm sure I was not the only fan who was stunned at the live acoustic version of 'I Call Your Name' on 'Shindig' with John and Denny doing Cass' lead. I wonder if the recoed was recorded before or after this show's taping. (??)
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:36 am

Hi John,
Good qusetion!
Take care,
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:49 am

Yes Nicole it would be nice to have an answer. John and Denny's harmonizing was great and rarely used like it was on 'Hey Girl' and "Straight Shooter'.

The list on this thread says that the group was on 'Where the Action Is' on 9/66 so surely they were on earlier, before Michelle's firing. Actually, I find it hard to believe that they were on that show at that late a date but I would love to be proven wrong since I did not see the show in it's entirety when the group was on. If I remember right it was a show that was on during the day when kids were in school and if I'm right then duh!!!. Of course I could be wrong on that too!
John Sands

Postby Tri.Moon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 am

Tri.Moon

Postby John Sands » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:58 am

the picture is from 'Where the Action Is'.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:12 am

Hi John,
Thanks for the info! I always wondered where that came from.
Take care,
Nicole

Postby davidasix » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Richard,

Thanks for the info. Good to have it. I would mention that on Hullabaloo when Dionne Warwick and Noel Harrison are singing "Homeward Bound," the Mamas and Papas are very clearly heard singing backup. That whole medley is pure magic, including the beautiful "Nowhere Man" exclusively by the M&Ps.

Dave
davidasix

Postby John Sands » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:48 pm

I'd again like to thank Gary for giving us the full 'Shindig' show with Barry McGuire, before I only had 'California Dreamn'' from that, and the elusive 'Shivaree'. What a find that was.

Now, can anyone come up with a full list of the groups concerts, starting with the Hollywood Bowl show? I read in a Cher bio that the group appreared at that show witn Otis Redding, Sony and Cher and Bob Lind (anyone remember 'Elusive Butterfly'?)
John Sands

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Ars_Nova_Chris

PreviousNext

Return to Cass TV Sightings