Susan Boyle

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Susan Boyle

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:46 pm

The furor and flurry of articles and commentary on the e-phenom Susan Boyle, and what has been true about Cass Elliot and her legacy for 45 years.

Discuss. :)

Richard
Rbcsoup

Re: Susan Boyle

Postby Christopher60s » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:25 am

My singing teacher gave me Susan Boyle as an example how to sing "O" sound. But Susan did an amazing performance. Cass Elliot had the same technics in singing, because she had nothing to hold (i'm talking about chin), so She was doing that sweet and beautiful sound...
Christopher.
Christopher60s

Re: Susan Boyle

Postby KimL » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:47 am

What always strikes me as amazing is that Cass had no voice training to speak of, and yet had that singularly gorgeous tone.... of course, she had perfect pitch, as well, if I recall correctly, but so do I, and yet I went through training before I achieved really good tone. Cass's was so pure, it still astounds me.

When I first heard Susan, I got chills. But, chrolologically and for me personally, Cass did it first, and she's, in my opinion anyway, an impossible act to follow on that level. I will never forget the first time I heard her sing... it really did change my life.

Kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion