Man Who Wouldn't Sing Along with Mitch single

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Man Who Wouldn't Sing Along with Mitch single

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat May 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Just acquired a seemingly un-played promo picture sleeve "Mitch" single, and it sounds phenomenal!

Two big surprises with it beyond that... First, "Mitch" is a unique mix, not available anywhere else. It has additional reverb added, doesn't fade out quite as soon at the end, and has a very noticeable added spoken part, but I can't for the life of me tell what the words are that are added. It sounds something like "...'On my team, we all sing along with Mitch.' 'With figgah!...'"

But the real surprise here is with the b-side, "Come Down the Mountain Katie Daly". Far beyond being just a different mix, it is, in fact, a completely different recording! Not sure when this was recorded (an outtake from the sessions for the first LP, or recorded separately specifically for this single?), but it sounds nothing like the version on the debut LP! Too bad this was left off of the Halifax III CD... Richard, do you know if there are any additional Halifax III recordings beyond this that are not on the CD?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Re: Man Who Wouldn't Sing Along with Mitch single

Postby Rbcsoup » Sun May 17, 2009 9:41 am

"With vigor..." is the line you are trying to decipher Chris.

Other than "All the Good TImes...." I don't think there's any other unreleased H3 out there -- except that there are live performances on the Oscar Brand Radio show--of album songs.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Re: Man Who Wouldn't Sing Along with Mitch single

Postby Rbcsoup » Sun May 17, 2009 9:43 am

PS--I need to pull my LPs out to see if the mono versus stereo albums' versions of these differ. I am doubtful.
Rbcsoup

Return to Products and Memorabilia