[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Big Three Recordings

Big Three Recordings

Forum section for discussing the happenings during 1962-1964.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Big Three Recordings

Postby eclecticstars » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Does any one know what songs The Big Three actually recorded and what is available? Most of the CD versions have 18 tracks but I am sure I saw one with 21. All so are there any others out there.
thanks
eclecticstars

Re: Big Three Recordings

Postby dunhill » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Welcome to the board!

You may want to see my page on The Big 3. The UK Sequel cd has all of their studio tracks on it.

dunhill

Postby Rillig » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:50 am

Golly I am learning so much here, thank you for that website!
I first heard The Big Three on the "Straight Shooter" documentary in... the late 80s, was it? early 90s?... and finally, finally got a CD yesterday. I can't believe how good they were. out of the 18 songs I think 2 I don't like so much and the rest I sang yesterday from the time it arrived in the mail until into the wee hours of the morning.

I wonder is there a recording on some format somewhere of the Danny Kaye Show performance of "Rider"? That is some powerful singing there.
I'd rather be different than be the same.
Rillig

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:53 am

I have the complete Danny Kaye episode, and posted the Big 3 clip from it on Youtube a while back. It's on my Youtube channel, along with several other extremely rare M&P's related videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnsmusicbox#play/uploads

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Rillig » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:01 am

Ah, that's you! The last 30 or so hits for the "Rider" clip are probably me. Thanks for that, it's been my life soundtrack for the last week or so :)

Watching the other videos now. That's great. I don't know how I ever lived without Youtube...
I'd rather be different than be the same.
Rillig

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby John Sands » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:31 am

I love the 'Danny Kaye' version of 'Rider' where our beloved Cass' voice really soars. My favorite 'Big 3' song along with 'Wild Woman'. Cass was really doing it even back then.
John Sands

Postby John Sands » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:25 am

I love the 'Danny Kaye' version of 'Rider' where our beloved Cass' voice really soars. My favorite 'Big 3' song along with 'Wild Woman'. Cass was really doing it even back then.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 am

Hi John,
Yes, she was!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby adamcarr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Wasn't RIDER the song Cass was singing when Denny first heard her voice as he was walking down the street that fateful night?

Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Next

Return to The Triumvirate, The Big 3, The Mugwumps (1962-1964)