Echo in the Canyon documentary

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Echo in the Canyon documentary

Postby Papa J » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am

I found out that the Mamas & Papas are featured in a documentary film and soundtrack about Laurel Canyon and the "California sound" created by them, the Beach Boys, the Bryds and many others. The first single is a cover of "Go Where You Wanna Go" by Jakob Dylan and Jade Castrinos. As you can see from the trailer, Michelle Phillips is interviewed. It looks like a terrific film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRVFBQHBUls
Papa J

Re: Echo in the Canyon documentary

Postby Nicole » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:07 am

Hi Papa J,
Thank you for the link. I agree, it does look like a great film. I can't wait to see it.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Papa J » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 pm

You're very welcome, Nicole. I hope the film reaches a wide audience!
Papa J

Postby Nicole » Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 am

Hi Papa J,
Me too!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby glennc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Saw it last night and really loved it. It was so exciting to see Michelle, Lou Adler and footage of the Mamas and Papas on the big screen. Michelle and Lou show us the studios where the group auditioned and then went on to make those legendary recordings. I really like what Jakob Dylan does with the music. There wasn't anything about Cass' house as a rock and roll salon, I think because the film covers 1965-68 and was slightly earlier than when Crosby, Stills and Nash formed and Joni Mitchell began to take off, etc. Not only the Mamas and the Papas, in particular, but if you are a fan of mid-sixties LA based folk rock, as I am, I think you will really like this film.
glennc

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)