Studio Release of New Mamas and Papas Coming!

Forum to discuss other group members, i.e. Scott Mckenzie, Spanky McFarlane, Mackenzie Phillips, Jill Gibson, etc.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Studio Release of New Mamas and Papas Coming!

Postby pauliewood » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:49 am

varesevintage.com has removed any mention of this cd. Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether it will actually be released and when?
pauliewood

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:20 pm

It "shall be released" (to borrow from Cass' trio with Mary T and Joni M.)

It will be a collection of unreleased live and studio recordings.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby pauliewood » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 am

I've heard that it will be released for years now. VareseVintage has removed it from upcoming releases.
pauliewood

Postby Rbcsoup » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 am

I understand, Pauliewood. But sometimes these things take time (anyone remember our online petition for The Road Is No Place for A Lady nearly 10 years ago!?)

;) You can "mark my words"
Rbcsoup

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:14 pm

I guess we can look at this release as a representation of John Phillips circa 1980s. There must be a lot of alternate takes and other songs, I would think. Hard to believe someone like Phillips could be condensed into one disc over ten years; I know this is supposed to be the best of this time. It leaves me with some tiny hope that when the PJ Presents series has run out of album projects to release that we'll get some career-spanning anthology. Still on my personal wishlist for release is the spare "Mr Blue" heard in the Straight Shooter doc from the 1980s. In my mind, JP has plenty of these unheard gems still waiting for us. Whether those hopes are based in reality still remains to be seen. Getting my Many Mamas Many Papas on Tuesday, can't wait.
Dark Horse 77

Postby pauliewood » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 am

hope you won't be disappointed as the itunes listing is more comprehensive that the amaazon stated listing.
pauliewood

Previous

Return to Other Mamas, Other Papas