[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - REAL GONE MUSIC to release DON"T CALL ME MAMA !!

REAL GONE MUSIC to release DON"T CALL ME MAMA !!

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

REAL GONE MUSIC to release DON"T CALL ME MAMA !!

Postby CassFanForLife » Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

Hi All:
Hoping the email reply I got from REAL GONE MUSIC , will come to fruition, come this July....I had emailed REAL GONE MUSIC to inquire about for the future, to release Denny's WATCHA GONNA DO CD as well as the DVD special for " DON"T CALL ME MAMA a couple of weeks ago, and they replied back thanking me for Denny suggestion but at same time let me know that they were /are going to be releasing " Don't Call Me Mama " CD in JUly, Oh dear God, let that be true :) ...Hoping.....

Just thought I'd share this :)
~CassFanForLife
CassFanForLife

Re: REAL GONE MUSIC to release DON"T CALL ME MAMA !!

Postby Nicole » Fri May 30, 2014 11:33 am

Hi Cassfan,
Keeping my fingers crossed for this July. Thanks so much for sharing.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby jcg » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:15 pm

YYYESSSS!!!!! A prayer would be answered if this comes out.

Richard, is this true?
jcg

Postby jcg » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

I guess it is. Here's a link for the release with a release date:

http://www.realgonemusic.com/news/2014/ ... lliot.html

Looks like RBC will be providing liner notes. Naughty, naughty Mr. C for not staunching the bleeding earlier and letting us know about (or at least hinting at) this ;) . Will they be releasing the DVD as well?

Happy, happy, joy, joy,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 am

Hi jcg,
Adding my happy, happy, joy, joy to yours. :lol: Thank you for the link,
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Rbcsoup » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:07 pm

No holding out here, it's just a very truthful statement that these things often come together in the 11th hour.

I was happy to provide research and notes for this celebratory release.

I have to differ with the person who stated there's nothing new on this CD versus the rerelease of this album nearly 15 years ago. The Hits Medley and "Don't Make Me A Memory" are both heretofore unreleased gems and add to the Cass Catalog/Canon and this particular album in a wonderful new way.

As for "Give A Little Laughter"---a number of session sheets from the period indicate that Cass did record this at RCA. But sadly it cannot be found. From what I understand multiple efforts were made to find it.

We'll be happy with what can be found.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby jcg » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:20 pm

jcg

Return to Products and Memorabilia